Violin cases vary significantly from manufacturer to manufacturer, and in modern days a young performer’s non-stop lifestyle ensures that their cases need to be extremely compact and lightweight. There are several innovative suppliers on the market with some outstanding solutions. There’s plenty to remember for a crowded segment, and we’re going to equate the contours for their competing styles and describe the ins and outs of violin safety in our buyers ‘guide. This would ideally help assess the importance of the high-end safeguards in order to keep your musical instrument secure.
Best General Violin Cases
Here I would like to talk about the best general violin cases. Invest in these cases if you want a one-time investment, and mainly for the protection of your violin against dust, etc. These cases can be used for travel as well, but they aren’t as efficient as travel cases.
1. ADM Professional Violin Case
The ADM professional violin case is made for standard 4/4 full-size violins. It has an oblong shape and offers a sleek design made of good quality wood to hold your instrument safely in place. Moreover, extra cushions are added to support the tail and the head of the violin’s body. The violin comes with 5 metal rings to easily convert the case into a shoulder bag for your convenience. The case also offers over five extra accessories, such as instrument blanket, bow holders, string tubes, hygrometers, etc. to ensure customers don’t waste their time and money buying these essentials.
- Made from sturdy wooden material with a light fabric exterior coat.
- Oblong exterior shape.
- Interior made from plush velvet.
- It comes with a violin blanket to ensure your instrument is safe inside the case.
- It also includes a lock for safekeeping and YKK premium quality zippers.
- Includes 4 violin bow holders.
- Has 3 interior pockets to carry accessories.
- It comes with 5 metal rings for conversion.
- Weight is 6.6. lbs.
- It comes in one color: midnight blue.
- Comes in one standard size: 4/4 full-size violin.
- The leather handle is easy on the hands for carrying the bag for a longer period.
- Easily convertible to a shoulder bag.
- Spacious compartments. Has pockets to cater to extra accessories.
- Includes accessories, such as 1 hygrometer, 1 string tube, 1 lock, etc. This reduces time, money and effort to separately buy these accessories.
- Made from heavy-duty material and keeps the instrument safe inside it.
- It comes with a cheap lock. It does not align with the zip properly. Advised to buy your own.
- Front zipper magnets keep reattaching themselves in an attempt to open the case.
- Seams are prone to easy breakage.
No products found.
2. Crossrock Violin Case
The Crossrock violin case is made from high-quality scratch-resistant ABS exterior, ensuring the durability of the case in everyday use and even under pressure. The inside of the case is made from hard foam core to be a good fit for your violin, so it does not move during transportation. The plush lining and extra padding keep the instrument stable and reliably put. The case comes with two compartments where you can put your extra accessories, as well as backpack straps for easy conversion to a shoulder case. The violin case includes bow holders to ensure the bow hair is not damaged while in the case.
- Made from premium quality ABS exterior.
- The Interior includes hard foam core with plush lining.
- Includes 2 compartments with lids for accessories.
- Includes 2 bow holders.
- The case comes with backpack straps, aluminum valance, and hardware.
- It comes in six sizes, ranging from ½ to standard 4/4 full-size violin.
- It is available in a variety of colors, such as Blue, Silver, and Black.
- Weight: 6.8 lbs.
- Made from sturdy hard materials.
- A lot of padding is added to keep the instrument extra safe and prevents the bow’s hair from being tangled.
- It comes with a lock for added security.
- Not very deep. Therefore, it recommended for traveling as you cannot put packing material in it.
- The case isn’t very spacious.
- No space for chin rest.
- Straps for conversion are not flexible.
No products found.
Best Violin Cases for Travel
Here I would like to talk about cases for traveling. These cases are a bit sturdier, heavier and built to last and protect your beloved instrument like a tank. If you are traveling via air, then you might want to read our article on what cases can be used for air travel. Although that article is targeted towards guitars, however, the law is the same for both of these instruments.
1. MI&VI Hard Shell Violin Travel Case
The MI&VI triangular hard-shell violin travel case is designed by musicians with experience on handling instruments, hence, top quality is guaranteed. The seams of the case, as well as the handle and other finishing’s, are made from leather. The exterior is coated with weather-resistant nonabrasive materials and the interior features shockproof black velvet lining to ensure your instrument is kept safe while you travel. Hence, the violin case is travel friendly. The case also includes two extra compartments for musicians to keep their accessories and even has ample space to hold music sheets.
- Made from durable hard-shell casing.
- Weather-resistant exterior proofed with nonabrasive 600D nylon raincoat.
- Travel friendly. Easily endures pressure.
- It comes with shock-absorbing polyurethane foam to ensure the instrument is not damaged inside.
- Interior made from black velvet lining.
- Easily convertible to a shoulder bag through 3 adjustable shoulder straps.
- It comes with 2 bow holders and 1 instrument blanket for added protection.
- Includes 2 extra compartments for storage and accessories.
- Leather handles and finishing.
- No scratch good quality zippers.
- Comes in one size: supports 4/4 full-size classic and electric violins.
- Guarantees a 90-day warranty and full refund.
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.
- Very good quality hard case exterior.
- Can bare external pressure without damaging the instrument inside.
- The case is very spacious.
- The case is a little heavy.
- The case had a strong oily smell when received.
No products found.
2. Crossrock Hard Composite Violin Case
The Crossrock violin case is made from a hard composite fiber shell. The case provides a sturdy and strong exterior, which can tolerate up to 400 lb. pressure, making it the perfect violin case for long travels as it ensures the security of your precious instrument. The finishing and handles of the case are made from crossrock’s branded leather, guarantying premium comfort while carrying the case. Inside the case, there is a detachable accessory pouch to facilitate added accessories, such as music sheets, etc. Moreover, the thick paddings inside the case ensure the instrument is kept in place and has minimum damage impact, especially during traveling.
- The exterior of the case is made from composite carbon fiber.
- Strong and durable exterior.
- Pressure and shock resistant up to 400 lb.
- Travel Friendly.
- It comes with thick padding inside to keep the instrument in place.
- It has backpack straps for easy conversion to shoulder bag.
- The case has a beautiful cross rock branded leather handles and finishing.
- It comes in two shapes: Oblong and Violin shaped for 4/4 standard full-size violins.
- It is available in a variety of colors, such as green, red, blue, silver, etc.
- Very lightweight. Hence, easy to carry and travel with.
- The case has a very strong built. Easily endures going through luggage checking.
- It comes in a variety of colors, giving consumers more choice.
- Extra pouches for accessories are detachable and come with Velcro, which can cause a fuss. Velcro is not made from good quality.
- The case is not spacious. It does not have space for extra accessories.
- It does not come with essential accessories. No hygrometer, no string tube, etc.
No products found.
These violin cases are the best for you since they keep your violins secure, give your violin a chic look, and work for longer than you can imagine.
If you are interested in other violin articles, then you can check out our best electric violins.